Monday, May 18, 2009

Celebrating 10 years


I called a travel agent for the first time and said, "I need a special trip." Daisy and I are celebrating ten years of marriage in a few weeks. The special trip ended up being a vacation in sunny San Diego. This picture is from our dinner cruise the last night before returning to Springfield. I was amazed and what a little rest and relaxation will do for a relationship...and did I mention the absence of two little children.

Below are a few of the most important nuggets of truth that I have learned/acquired over 10 years:

1. It's alright to ask "is this person is right for me" until you exchange vows. Then the question should change to "how can I be the right person for them." - Jim Bradford

2. Spend at least as much time intentionally planning objectives and memorable moments for your family as you do for your ministry. - Jeanne Mayo

3. Get a marriage coach and listen! - Experience

Love you Daisy and may God 10 more just like the first 10!
- M

No comments: