Sunday, November 2, 2008

We finished Bass Pro Marathon!

We finished!

Daisy and I completed our first endurance challenge together on Sunday November 2. We received the medal the moment we crossed the finished line but the real reward was realizing all of the training paid off.

I completed the half-marathon and Daisy completed the full marathon. I am so proud of her. I wanted to do this with her as an act of my commitment to her. While many run for all sorts of incredible organizations, I felt to run for our relationship. Relationships require work, sacrifice, and endurance much like our race. I love her.

I'm doing life with a great woman! She's my best friend.

I'm not worthy, but I'm very grateful!

2 Tim 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

2 comments:

Grant said...

Congrats...major accomplishment for you both!

Leo Crosby said...

Grats on the accomplishment. But, seriously, you still paid to run :D