Jim Bradford, senior pastor of Central Assembly, is an extraordinary communicator and gifted leader. Many have asked what I have learned from him while working in the trenches of ministry. The following is what I consider to be his "leadership source" from which all life and ministry flow:
1. Know God - "If the preaching ministry was taken from me, would I still have a personal, growing relationship with Jesus."
2. Pursue Integrity - "Are there areas of ongoing secrecy in my life that I am trying to intentionally hide from those closest to me?"
3. Be Yourself - "How often do I hear people say, 'Pastor, thank you for your authenticity.'"
4. Own Responsibility - "Do I acknowledge my mistakes or do I project blame and use the pulpit to vent unresolved anger?"
5. Embrace Change - "Is my attitude faith-filled and future-focused or am I overly nostalgic of the past and fearful of taking risks in the present?"
6. Love Learning - "Am I coasting intellectually or am I applying myself to the disciplines of personal study and reflection?"
7. Live Joyfully - "Am I living under the self-imposed pressure of always having to prove something to somebody?"