Monday, November 17, 2008

A Leadership Source

Jim Bradford, senior pastor of Central Assembly, is an extraordinary communicator and gifted leader. Many have asked what I have learned from him while working in the trenches of ministry. The following is what I consider to be his "leadership source" from which all life and ministry flow:

1. Know God - "If the preaching ministry was taken from me, would I still have a personal, growing relationship with Jesus."

2. Pursue Integrity - "Are there areas of ongoing secrecy in my life that I am trying to intentionally hide from those closest to me?"

3. Be Yourself - "How often do I hear people say, 'Pastor, thank you for your authenticity.'"

4. Own Responsibility - "Do I acknowledge my mistakes or do I project blame and use the pulpit to vent unresolved anger?"

5. Embrace Change - "Is my attitude faith-filled and future-focused or am I overly nostalgic of the past and fearful of taking risks in the present?"

6. Love Learning - "Am I coasting intellectually or am I applying myself to the disciplines of personal study and reflection?"

7. Live Joyfully - "Am I living under the self-imposed pressure of always having to prove something to somebody?"

1 comment:

rlatham said...

This is great. I love the first question man. It is so true. What I have to come back to is your daily habits. Would I still have the Habit of reading adn praying if I didn't havea preaching ministry?