I would not know if the following habits are for successful or rookie communication teams. Nevertheless, these are some of the habits that I see marking our new communications team:
• Habit #1: Communication. Everyone needs to be on the same page and thus the ongoing need for leadership not only creativity.
• Habit #2: Preparation. Create a "preflight checklist" for each job that should be performed.
• Habit #3: Concentration. Distraction is the mother of all time killers.
• Habit #4: Synchronization. Teamwork in this case means that each job has different people accomplishing different tasks. For our team, we have a copy writer, graphic designer, and a group of proof readers. BTW, these are extra jobs people have added to their portfolios.
• Habit #5: Anticipation. Stay a step ahead. I try to anticipate peoples objections, problems, and exceptions.
• Habit #6: Evaluation. It is important for the team members to "huddle" often. I like right after something is completed because it is fresh.