Monday, August 11, 2008

Sleepless Nights

Some nights I struggle to fall asleep so I thought I'd type out a few thoughts. Does anyone know why the brain does not shut down sometimes? Stress? Too much on the mind? Not enough exercise? Of course, it could be the lack of running which helps me unwind.

Spoke in big church tonight on the topic of priorities. Transformation, love, calling, and joy were our points of thought for tonight. I am consumed with the concept of transformation because it is so often neglected in our spiritual pursuit after God. To become like Christ though, we are going to have to morph.

I am looking forward to a great week and cannot wait to catch some more of Phelps swimming. He is a history maker (literally).

1 comment:

Judes said...

You and I were awake at the same time last night... both struggling to find sleep... maybe God was trying to get us to pray? Can't he tell me to do that in the day time?? Geesh! ;-)