Friday, August 22, 2008

DESIRE 2008 in El Paso

Long after bedtime, I was sitting in my hotel room putting the finishing touches on my messages for DESIRE 08. I have already invested hours in prayer and preparation. My assignment is to inspire a DESIRE for God in students returning to school beginning Monday here in Texas.

I heard Mark Beeson say once "I live in the tension between God's call and my weakness." It seems no matter how much preparation goes into any talk, they aren't finished until the final prayer of the night. I wish I could finish and go to bed. I can't do it. Maybe if I was smarter, more creative, or more articulate, it would be easier. Maybe not?

I will talk on Fighting the Good Fight (1 Tim), Not looking Back (Phil. 3), and the Substance of Life (John 15).

No comments: