Monday, June 23, 2008

Retrospective Tension and My Destiny

There have been many talks given on the subject of "If I had it all to do over again, I would..." Most of the talks I have heard encompass the regrets, noteworthy successes, or future endeavors of the person delivering the message. Let me state that I have enjoyed all of my personal mentor's messages on the subject. However, my tension exists because I deeply desire not to live with regrets and to live to the fullest with the grace God gives.

A few observations about these talks:
1. It seems you need to be "mature" in your field to give these kinds of talks.
2. The points feel like wishes everyone should realize to make life easier.
3. I can rarely remember any one specific point unless it affected the person in a profound way.

Here are my retrospective tensions:
1. Don't write a list at the end (excuse the loftiness). Make it now.
2. Fail Forward - - Always
3. Pray for Wisdom

No comments: